Times & Location
Our clothes closet facility is located north of the church on Highway 14 and located within the white house just beyond our most northern parking lot.
The clothes closet is open the 2nd Saturday of each month to clients of Washington Baptist Church’s Food Pantry.
Clients attending the food pantry will receive a ticket of admittance to the clothes closet (see Food Pantry description as to dates and times).
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, “It is more blessed to give that to receive.” Acts 20:35
- Our mission is to provide clothing to the needy.
- Our prayer is that God will lead us through this ministry and His will be done.
- Our hope is to help the lost to find their way by showing love and compassion to their needs.
What will the Clothes Closet Provide?
- Clothing ranging in the ages from newborn to the elderly.
- Clothing will be obtained through donations from the members of the church.
- Donated clothing should be washed, gently used and with little staining. Please be sure clothing is in good condition and not something that will need to be thrown away.
- We will accept clothing seasonally to keep from overloading our inventory and facilities.
- Spring/Summer clothing will be accepted at the beginning of spring.
- Fall/Winter clothing will be accepted at the beginning of fall.
- Seasonal inventory will be maintained until the end of the season. Inventory left at the end of a season will then be donated to other charitable organizations to make room for the new seasons’ inventory.
- Items accepted: clothing from newborn to elderly, shoes & socks, hats, coats & jackets, tween & women bras, baby blankets/bibs, blankets, towels & washcloths.
- Items not accepted: Underwear and inappropriate clothing (bad language, bad photos or illustrations, etc.) or household items.